[TR] TR4 Engine Heater Valve Pipe

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Oct 25 16:54:07 MDT 2013

---- Frank Fisher <yellowtr3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> moss says its same part as the TR3.

Must be some mistake.  The TR4 uses a cable-operated heater valve, that sits on top of a 45 degree street ell that screws into the head.  Totally different setup than the TR3 with the handwheel and extension tube.

I'm not positive, but I think that if you remove the head nut & rocker cover, there will be enough room to install the elbow.  If that doesn't work, then your only alternatives are to remove the head; or use a plumbing nipple and regular (female-to-female) elbow.  Removing just the one nut should be safe; as long as you reinstall and torque to 102 ftlb before trying to start the engine.

Randall