[TR] bushing TR4 stromberg carbs - advice and direction

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Oct 23 19:50:58 MDT 2013

Maybe it's just the rubber seals on the shafts? Have you taken them
apart enough to check?

I went to do the shaft bushings on my ZS carbs one time and found that
they have rubber seals that can be replaced.

I'd like to give a testimonial for ZS carbs.

I went to look for my ZS jet adjusting tool to take on the road trip
to VTR this year and saw it was broken Then I realized it had broken a
couple years ago which meant I'd totally forgotten about it and more
to the point that I hadn't had to adjust the carbs all that time
(around 11,000 miles or so). I'm at altitude (Denver) so the elevation
changes usually involve 5000 ft. when I drive to places like Jekyll
Island, Galveston, and San Rafael. Constant depression carbs work
given a fighting chance. Plugs are a nice milk chocolate color too.
Once you get them right they are great carbs, both for the road (28
mpg for 2600 miles) and autocross (faster than a TR6 with a LS
corvette engine) on this last trip.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)