[TR] TR3A Headlamp question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 16 12:51:05 MDT 2013

---- CFM-TR <cfmtr3a at verizon.net> wrote:
> I understand how the outer trim ring attaches but my question is should the
> clip at the bottom be closed or open.  In other words, is it open enough for
> the tab to push through and latch or is it closed and the tab has to be
> pushed below the clip and into the opening?

I could be mistaken, but I believe the clip is supposed to be closed (or nearly so), and the tab spreads the legs of the (spring) clip as it gets pushed into place.  But I've always had to use the back end of the removal tool to push the tabs through, so maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Randall