[TR] Roll bar and tonneau?

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Mon Oct 14 12:45:06 MDT 2013

On 2013-10-14, at 2:49 PM, tom white <tswhitez123 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> It has been a long time since I have been able to work on my TR3A.  Now I
am
> installing a new tonneau cover.  The difficulty I have is devising a method
> accurately cut holes in the cover for the roll bar to fit through.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to fit the tonneau around the roll bar?

Email me if you want see some pictures of how I did this on our TR6 and I will
send them along. To make the cuts, you will need some heavy duty upholstery
shears and to make it decent looking, you will need some material similar to
the tonneau, some binding material, extra snaps, and access to a heavy duty
upholstery sewing machine. Some have used velcro for the overlap of the cuts
you will make rather than snaps, but I did not go this way because the velcro
tends to collect lint, dirt and pollen.

Keith Stewart
keithstewart at execulink.com