[TR] Stupid question

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 20:07:57 MST 2013

On 11/30/13, 7:54 PM, thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:
> Putting my 72 TR6 to bed for the winter.  Put Sta-bil gas preservative like I do each winter.  Cardboard piece from the top went down into the gas tank.  I can see it.  Tried a pin, coat hanger, tape, etc.  Anyone have any idea how to remove it, or should I hope it dissolves over the winter?
The first thing I would try is suction.  Put a large gas can on the
floor beside the fuel tank. Get a hose and start siphoning the fuel into
the tank.  Try to capture the flat of the cardboard with the siphon hose
end.  Or if the cardboard were small enough and the hose wide enough
maybe you can vacuum it up.

My TR3 doesn't hibernate well.  In between snow storms if the snow is
melted off the road, my TR comes out to play.  Mind you I have to bundle
up well, but it is worth it.  And there is often hot chocolate  to be
made when I get home since it is likely in the mid 30's when I'm out
driving.
TeriAnn