[TR] Info. on Towing a Spitfire

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Nov 27 15:19:38 MST 2013

I wonder how many of these success stories were cars equipped with
overdrive. The problem with flat towing is the oil doesn't get distributed if the
gears are not turning but if the transmission is equipped with an overdrive
the planetary gear assembly turns and will fling oil about and perhaps a
sufficient amount will find its way into the main gear cluster thus saving it
from self destruction.

Just a hypothesis.

Dave