[TR] TR4A upper wishbone bushings

john-marie at sbcglobal.net john-marie at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 26 20:05:38 MST 2013

Hello List,

My apologies for the premature sending of the incomplete email.

Am rebuilding sub assemblies for my TR4A front suspension.  The new rubber
bushings for the upper wishbones need to be compressed 1/2 in. after the two
bushes are in place in the wishbone and installed on the upper fulcrum.  When
the slotted nut is tightened enough to clear the hole for the split pin, the
exposed rubber bushings are "bulging" from the amount of compression needed to
get the nut in place.  My issue is that although the bushings are installed,
it just doesn't look right with the bulging rubber.  Any comments or personal
experience will be appreciated.  Thanks.

John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad