[TR] TR3 fuel level sending unit and gauge issue

Dave Massey dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Nov 3 19:34:58 MST 2013

A TR3 fuel gauge should read full with the green/black wire disconnected and
it should read empty with the green/black wire connected directly to ground.
If the gauge doesn't respond like this I would suspect the gauge.  You can
test the sender directly with an ohm meter.  Full should be 500 ohms or more
and empty should be 50 ohms or less.

Dave Massey