[TR] Engine Install

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri May 31 15:44:29 MDT 2013

<...The TR4 factory repair manual states to attach the engine and tranny
together outside of the car and then install into the car as a single
unit....>

Jim,

While I have never installed an engine w/o the tranny I have pulled and
installed the tranny a couple of times from inside the car and I have pulled
and installed the engine/tranny combo a couple of times as well.  Much
easier to get the engine/tranny together and buttoned up  before you install
it.  Sounds like you have the right tools for the job, I would also
recommend that you get the car up on blocks/stands to give you maximum
clearance under the car as the tranny comes down at angle and the engine
needs room in front for it to come to level.

Hope this helps,
Bill