[TR] Tr3 temp gage

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:36:51 MDT 2013

Here is a site with some useful info:

Smiths/Jaeger Speedometer Repair
Manual<http://home.comcast.net/~rhodes/PDF/speedo.pdf>

The tach is much the same inside as the speedo only simpler (no odo's) and
easier to repair.  At the very least you can decide if you want tackle it
yourself.

The temp gauge also has DIY instructions on the web but that is a bit
trickier -- bordering on a lab experiment from second semester chemistry.

I have fixed speedos & tachs -- haven't (yet) had to delve into the temp
gauge fix.

Geo

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM, <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:

> Late tr3.  Have not had the car long.  Finally running and driving today.
> Looks like all the gages except tach and temp are finally working.   Tach
> screams; its probably bad.  Temp gage is lifeless.   Other than confirming
> its
> lack of response by puting the sensor in hot water, is there anything else
> can do?  I guess I have to send the gage and tube out?  Any other options?

Click here to Reply or Forward