[TR] TR3A alternator belt again

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon May 27 09:59:14 MDT 2013

Don't know if this helps, but I went through the same kind of thing
due to replacement of the Crank Pulley / Harmonic Dampener on my race
TR-4.  We have a local farm supply store called Farm & Fleet which
has a large selection of pick it yourself belts.  In my case, the
belt is narrow so is more readily available than the original wide
ones would be.  I bought groups of 3, tried them on my car, went back
and returned them and bought another group of 3 until I found the
right size.  If you have a place like this in your area, it's a
thought.  Using Randall's string method would help get you in the
right ballpark to start with either using the "choose it yourself"
method or the mom and pop FLAPS store (and that's who we should be
supporting anyway) will eventually get you there.

Cheers, Tony Drews