[TR] TR3A alternator belt again

rod Trunnell rgt2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 27 07:45:46 MDT 2013

I have an alternator with the narrow pulley conversion and the belt supplied
would not fit.
I ended up with a belt from NAPA, PART NUMBER 25-7385.
This cross references to a Dayco 15385 or a Gates 7385.
The belt is 13/32" wide and 39 1/8" long.

Rod

On May 27, 2013, at 4:30 AM, John Wise <tr3a.60 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could not get the belt suggested by my last inquiry at my friendly local
> auto parts store.  So I ordered the best belt offered by Moss (Flennor
> 20x0900LI) to replace the failed belt on my alternator equipped 1960 TR3A.
It
> does not come close in length, even when prying it as suggested in their
> instructions.    It was probably intended for the much narrower generator.
> forgot that difference in width would limit the amount it could be
adjusted.
> Duh
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions for a pulley belt that will fit a
TR3A

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rgt2@sbcglobal.net