[TR] oil pan plug

Dave Massey dave1massey at cs.com
Sun May 26 18:33:36 MDT 2013

There are many who will advise against using teflon tape on an application
where the threads that shed off can block oil passages.  You can find, at most
any hardware store, a teflon paste pipe dope.  This past has the teflon you
want but the particle size is small enough to pass through any critical area.

But you should be able to tighten the plug up enough to stop the leak.  Take a
closer look and see if the weld is cracked.  The leak may be from somewhere
else in which case no treatment on the plug will stop the leak.

Dave Massey