[TR] oil pan plug

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun May 26 18:22:18 MDT 2013

Gary --

That's a taper thread so it should seal well with nothing added though some
Teflon tape can help a bit and possibly make it a bit easier to remove.
But...

Are you sure that the plug is the culprit?  Where that plug is situated is
a low point so drips/leaks elsewhere will finally appear as a drop on that
plug.

Is you dinner sized puddle a true puddle of wet oil on a solid surface or
is it the oil mark on a piece of cardboard or other absorbent material you
have under there?  A little oil can go a long way and a drip on cardboard
or such will spread overtime to leave a large stain even if the quantity of
oil is small.

Geo