[TR] pulley belt 1960 TR3A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 21 09:21:00 MDT 2013

> I managed to lose the water pump/alternator belt on my 60
> TR3A this morning (installed 5 years ago).
>
> When I go down to my friendly neighborhood auto parts store,
> what size should I purchase??

What belt did you use for the alternator conversion?  When I had an
alternator on my TR3A, I had to run a slightly longer belt than stock due to
the larger alternator.

A Gates TR28386 will fit the stock generator setup; but the odds of finding
one on the shelf at a generic store aren't very good.  I'd call around
first.  I found one NAPA store about 30 miles away that had one on the shelf
about 10 years ago, but it was really dusty and they said they wouldn't
stock it any more.

Now I just mail order through Rockauto.com, and keep a spare belt wrapped in
a Ziploc bag (along with a set of radiator hoses) in the spare tire.

-- Randall