[TR] Ian Priestly

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon May 20 21:13:09 MDT 2013

I bought a rebuilt Overdrive for my TR250 from New Zealand several years
ago, I can't say for sure if it was Ian Priestly, but I think it was.

He asked what car/transmission I had, and supplied the correct mainshaft,
which I believe had to be machined to match the older transmission part with
the newer J type O/D.  The overdrive was all polished and new and lovely
looking and has been working fine in my car for several years now.  The only
issue I had was the gearing was wrong for the speedo drive, but all in all
given it was a bit of a leap of faith buying the thing from halfway around
the world, I am happy with the deal, and love having the O/D on the car.

Greg Lemon