[TR] TR3/TR4 block drain valve?

Allen Hess allenhess at mgcarclub.com
Sun May 19 18:19:58 MDT 2013

The block drain valve is the same as the radiator drain valve (or
should be) and you can get a much better look at that one. I recall it
being substantial enough that it should come out without much trouble
but the usual "proceed with caution" applies. I think it is more
likely that the drain lever will be stuck. It is a taper held in the
body with a spring, washer and cotter pin. You may be able to tap it
from underneath and free it. Removing the valve from the block
provides a larger hole for the crud to come out and you can bend a
stiff wire (coat hanger) to loosen the crud towards the rear of #4
cylinder. As usual, been there, done that.

Allen