[TR] Fw: Recore vs Rodding Out TR3 Radiators

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Fri May 17 12:45:52 MDT 2013

Thanks Randall,

     Do you have a hose part number for the Gates hose?

Just got a call from the radiator shop. Radiator was 75% plugged (yeah, I
know) and after rodding out it leaked like a sieve. Having it re-cored with a
HE core now.
     Last time I had the engine apart (how come TR3 owners always
have the "last time") the #4 cylinder was completely blocked off by rust and
fouling plugs. I wonder it I should pull the head and check that out again?
I'll put an IR thermometer on it next time it runs.
     The radiator shop
recommends a cleanable inline rust & sediment filter. I doubt one would fit
between the thermostat housing and radiator. Has anyone tried this?

-Bill in
 Tehachapi