[TR] 1958 TR3A at GullWing Motors

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Wed May 15 08:12:31 MDT 2013

 Michael Porter mused:

Oh.my.goodness.  If one were to buy (if they were still available) all
new parts necessary to make up a complete car, it would probably cost
less than it would take to put this car right.

 I don't think anyone is still casting wet-liner blocks or gearbox cases, and
I suspect that new rear axle housings also are not readily available. But one
can get complete, new bodies out of England, chassis from RAT-CO...and just
about everything else from the usual suspects. Given the asking price on some
current "show" cars, I think Michael's assessment is spot-on!

Several years ago, I was surprised and pleased to have been offered $1500 for
one of my TR3As. It needed pretty much EVERYTHING, but it was "showroom"
compared to the "Gullwing" car. The other 3A I had wasn't quite as good, and I
got $700 for that (including a hardtop that needed a lot of work but was
straight and fairly solid).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us