[TR] 1958 TR3A at GullWing Motors

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:34:51 MDT 2013

Reminds me of a story a friend of mine, a vintage fountain pen dealer,
told me about a conversation early in his career.

He was selling perfectly good, and reasonably collectible, Parker "51"
fountain pens for something like $125.  Some of the old guard dealers
came to him to let him know his prices were too low -- that they were
all selling those pens for something like $250.

Bob laughed at them.  He said "you're ASKING $250 for them.  I'm
SELLING them at $125."  The guys went back to their tables muttering,
stuck to their guns, and continued to bring the same pens to every
show.  And Bob has financed his retirement with his ability to know
what something's worth.

To those folks holding out hope that something will be worth a given
value just because they REALLY want it to be... good luck to them.
They should plan on keeping whatever it is a very long time.