[TR] tr3b starter conclusion

Malcolm malcolm at ipatch.ca
Thu May 9 10:27:20 MDT 2013

Hi Dave,

If you feel like swapping some more, compare the pinions on the two
starters (TR3B vs TR4).  I had an '85 Bronco II with an engine of
mysterious origin.  The starter went, so I replaced it with one appropriate
for the original engine.  It was not.  After grinding my way through four
starters (thanks, Canadian Tire warranty!) and trying all manner of
band-aid solutions, I finally swapped out the starter pinion for one with
more teeth.  After that, the starter never missed a beat, or a tooth.

Regards,
-Malcolm