[TR] mechanic/machine shop in St. George Utah or possibly Las Vegas Area

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Wed May 8 09:25:39 MDT 2013

Howdy all,

I am looking for recommendations on a shop to look at the engine on my 57 TR3.
I live in St. George Utah (right on the Arizona border off of I15) and might
be able to get the car to Las Vegas about 125 miles away.

I blew the head gasket and the car overheated when I drove it the 300 miles
from Salt Lake City to St. George.  I replaced the head gasket and it now
runs, but there is major blow by, a knocking sound and low oil pressure once
warm, leading me to believe I have some major bottom end issues.  While I have
done most of the work on the car myself I donbt feel brave or qualified
enough to tear into the bottom end.

I had the Head and carbs professionally done and the car has 87mm pistons.

thanks,
Jeremiah