[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Gary Klein tr6.guy at verizon.net
Tue May 7 06:32:43 MDT 2013

Dave,

I'd read about a trick to fill the reservoirs that greatly reduces bubbles
and I've used it when servicing my TR6 with success.  Take a big
screwdriver and place the tip in the MC reservoir and let it rest on the
bottom.  Then place the DOT 5 brake fluid bottle's opening against the
screwdriver and very gently tip the bottle and so the fluid makes contact
and let it run slowly down the screwdriver.  No bubbles.  Just do it
slowly.

Gary
'80 TR8 w/ A/C
'75 TR6