[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue May 7 05:56:05 MDT 2013

If we're looking for testimonials, I switched the TR6 to DOT5 in 1996 and
other than the occasional need to rebleed I have had no issues. But that was
freshly rebuilt/renewed system.  I recommend it highly for fresh systems.
But keep in mind that if you just change fluid on an old, about to fail
system it will still be old and about to fail.

My philosophy is that brakes are no place for short cuts.  Make sure they
are working properly.

Dave