[TR] death rattle???

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Mon May 6 20:02:46 MDT 2013

What does "decimated" mean, in regards to the starter?  I would definitely
take a look at the ring gear on the flywheel.  You may have some worn or
broken teeth.

Also, the solenoid just starts the starter motor turning.  It will turn as
long as you hold the key in the "start" position.  As soon as you release
the key, the starter will stop turning and the pinion will kick out of
engagement with the ring gear.  If the pinion assembly is worn, (Item 58 on
page 83 of the Spring/Summer 2012 Moss Catalog) the pinion could stick in
engagement with the ring gear, giving the "start"-ling noise that you
describe.

> Ibm going to ask this question mostly because I simply donbt know.
> the starter is brand new, right out of the box.  old starter was
> decimated according to the repair guy.

 Mike