[TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Mon May 6 19:20:43 MDT 2013

Not true in my experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Jones
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 8:13 PM
To: Dave Connitt
Cc: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Changing from DOT 3 to DOT 5 Fluif

Dave

Are you thinking of going to silicone brake fluid?  It is very popular,
especially where a car isn't driven a lot.  However, the old english
manufacturers still warn against using it due to how it 'effects" the rubber
parts.  I have used it for years without a problem.  If you try to use it in
your clutch cylinders, from my experience you will find it very hard to
bleed
and get the air out.

Bob
On May 6, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Dave Connitt wrote:

> Just wanted to pass on that when I recieved my clutch master cylinder from
The

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rjones@wfeca.net

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/jerryvv@roadrunner.com