[TR] TR2/3 - stator tube leaking.

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Sat May 4 12:43:36 MDT 2013

Hello List:
Dealing with some of the "finishing touches" on my long standing TR2
project and struggling with a leaking stator tube nut/ferrule at the end
of the steering box. Have tried a new nut and brass ferrule after
stripping my original nut. Still no luck. Don't want to overtighten the
new nut. Have checked the tube for irregularities, but seems OK.
Is this one of the slow leaks you have to learn to live with?? Can
always keep topping up the steering box. Concerned about keeping the top
bearing in oil as I understand that this bearing often dries out.
Any hints with this one??
Thanks in advance.
Angelo Graham