[TR] Installing a electric radiator fan in a TR4A

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 29 11:44:08 MDT 2013

> Absolutely NOT my experience with the TR4 and the Stag.  Each
> worked just fine with an electric pusher and the stock mechanical fan.

Practically anything will work, with enough overkill.  I was talking about
_without_ the stock mechanical fan, and a Hayden 12" that only draws 8 amps,
not 30.

On the Stag, as soon as I could replace the mechanical fan (early Stag fans
& fan drives are NLA), I removed the electric one.  The TR3 works great with
just the electric, so I'm keeping it that way for now.

My point was not that mounting in front could not work; only that I feel the
puller configuration is more efficient.  The difference is not huge, maybe
only 15-20% but it is real.

-- Randall