[TR] completely off topic

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Thu Mar 21 15:24:47 MDT 2013

Well, according to the label, it's 100-grit Aluminum Oxide, from General
Abrasive. (Sorry, slap me now.) The name "Lionblast" implies that it might be
suitable for sandblasting - Aluminum oxide (Al2O3) is really hard and can be
reused after blasting. The mineral form is called corundum - also sold as a
grinding agent. It's interesting that pure Al2O3 is colorless, but the
finely-ground corundum that I used in a previous life was always a black
powder - probably due to inclusions of other minerals in the crystal lattice.

And the name "Lionite" did pop up on a search. See:
  http://www.granitecitytoolvt.com/sandblastabrasivelionitepf.htm