[TR] Explain This Overheating

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:20:59 MDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

> ... I am curious: Does anyone with a totally stock cooling system on their
> TR3 not have trouble with the temperature creeping up on a hot day stuck in
> stop-and-go traffic?

Mine seems to handle stop & go w/o overheating or even getting worrisomely
high on the gauge.  That is with a crank hole but it is a nearly new core
and a tropical fan.   I used to have an electric 'helper' fan but ditched
it when I added the tropical fan as that seemed enough help.

That said -- have not tried 40 miles in 2 hours -- not a situation that is
likely to arise in little Tucson.  I do often drive from 100+ on the valley
floor to 9000' in 24 miles or so -- but I can keep moving which makes all
the difference.

Geo