[TR] Explain This Overheating

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 13 12:25:30 MDT 2013

Bill,

Sounds like altitude and pressure is a problem here. Or, your block
could be filled with gunk.

Try the block flush method suggested a few replies ago. Cant hurt.

On all my 3 TRs, they tend to cool when driving down long hills. But I
may get up to 1K feet AS at the most. But most of the time, the temp
just stays in the middle. I use the stock water pump, and mechanical fans.

Last summer in 95 degree heat and high humidity while driving slow in
city traffic, the TR4 did go above the middle mark, but as soon as I got
to the open road it cooled right down. I am guessing a electrical fan
would have helped there.

I also use 50/50 blend with distilled H20.

I have heard that water wetter helps. I tried it but didnt make the temp
go down as far as I could tell.

I am interested in knowing what the problem is, so keep us updated.

Good luck,

Bob