[TR] Subject: Re: TR6 carb neadles

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 20:38:58 MDT 2013

In my experience, the jets do wear with the spring loaded needles.   Volvo
even made a tool to move the jet in the body; it replaced the plug below
the jet and screwed into the threads in the main body.  It would  push the jet
up in a controlled manor, but the location needs to be exact, and  be
measured by the proper exhaust mixture.  Even a  new adjustable needle often has
too little range to deal with jet wear  alone.
Much lost time and spilled fuel over adjusting an early carb, let  alone
most SUs.

TR Regards
Hardy

In a message dated 3/12/2013 11:01:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,