[TR] TR6 Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank ~15 gallons

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 11 14:54:19 MDT 2013

---- "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I gather that the breather tube was eliminated as an early anti
> SMOG step.

Look like it was deleted at CT19971, roughly Jan 1963.

But I think it was just because they decided the separate vent tube was overkill (and has a tendency to dump fuel on the road).  The "emissions" tanks would have had a separate fitting(s), to allow the fumes to be routed to the carbon canister and intake manifold.

My vent line has been blocked off for years.  Other than not leaving a stripe of fuel when I turn left with a full tank, it seems to work fine.  But I also have a fuel cap with a small vent hole through the inner plate.

Randall