[TR] When to rebuild

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Mon Mar 11 09:37:02 MDT 2013

Amen!

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 9:56 AM
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] When to rebuild

On 3/11/13 6:49 AM, Alex&Janet Thomson wrote:
> I wonder if some industries were ahead of others when it came to
> engineering and providing long-term value and reliability.
You folks are missing a critical parameter.

British sports cars were the most fun to drive at and under the speed limit
and are still amongst the best in that category.  One can have loads of fun
in a stock bugeye Sprite or Spit and not exceed the speed limit. Get into a
Carrara with its big tyres and advance computer aided suspension and you
need to top 100 MPH before you begin to approach the fun you can have in a
TR at less than half that speed.

The tyres may be skinny, power outclassed by new low end econo boxes and the
suspension may be archaic but British sports cars are driver's cars.
Cars that can give you a taste of classic European Millie Migila, The Monte
Carlo rally  and racing the streets of the 17 mile drive in Carmel.

They can also provide a taste of classic motoring with a wool car blanket
and a wicker lunch basket tied to the luggage rack over the boot.

These cars are not obsolete. No, they are for the few people who have not
forgotten how to have fun driving at under 100 MPH and who want to engage in
motoring and the world they are traveling through.  There is no texting
while driving a classic British sports car.  You are driving and paying
attention to everything around you.  Engaging in life.

No, not obsolete at all

TeriAnn

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html