[TR] Why is the TR3 Hard Starting?

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Mar 3 22:20:45 MST 2013

     My TR3 is hard starting in the winter. It is garage kept and the garage
has been in the 60's inside. After not driving for 3 weeks it cranks slower
than I would like and tries to start and dies. It eventually will start. It
starts easily for the rest of the day. Then next day it starts readily as
well.
     If I leave the car out on a cold day (30's) it is hard starting as
well.

     I am debating what gives. Maybe the battery is just weak and the
next day it is all charged up and cranks faster. Could it be something else
that I am missing?

     -Bill in Tehachapi