[TR] 72 TR6 Gearbox Crossmember/Mount

M. Secrest moira.secrest at verizon.net
Sun Mar 3 16:42:02 MST 2013

Now that we've solved my TOB question, I have at least one more pertaining to
the winter R&R of the gearbox on my 72 TR6.

This car has the earlier molded flexible center crossmember support. It looks
to me like the PO tried to refurbish it himself with some kind of injectable
rubber, but it was too badly knackered to really tell.

It seems this is a $70 part off the shelf, but is there another way to rehab
this part?  Once I cleaned up mine, the rubber is gone and I'm holding the two
separate pieces.

Martin Secrest
Arlington VA