[TR] Waking a sleeping car

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Mar 2 13:12:03 MST 2013

I had about 7 or 8 gallons of old, rusty gas in a TR7 I parted out.  I
filtered the gas through coffee filter material and added it to the tank of my
TR6 about half a gallon at a time just after a fillup.  I was loath to put it
in my Oldsmobile for fear of clogging the injectors.  In the TR6 the worst
that could happen is I would have to rebuild my carbs (which are due anyway
since I haven't rebuilt them since 1996).  At any rate the TR6 was quite
happy with it and it was put to good use.

I wound up with about a gallon of the nastiest, rust laden gas in the end
and donated it to a friend for lighting his annual Halloween bon fire.

Dave