[TR] intermittantly dies

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Jun 23 20:43:05 MDT 2013

TR b apparently sat for some years; was not running when I got it.

now it runs, mostly.

drive it for 10 to 20 minutes, it will sputter, lose power, and die.

let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes or a day or two, it will start right up.

except yesterday I put 4 gallons of premium, plus some fuel injector/carb
cleaner, drove it for 20+ minutes no problem.  tonight about 10 minutes and
poof.  wife shows up in about 10 or 15 min, starts to tow me home.  stopped at
a light I see if it will start, it does.  I drive the couple of miles home and
into the garage no problem.

crap in the gas tank, right?  time to R&R the tank and clean it out?