[TR] FL DMV

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Thu Jun 20 10:43:00 MDT 2013

Hi Carl:

I long time ago in Quebec I got a completely undocumented motorcycle in bits.
I rebuilt it and then hit a wall trying to get it licensed.

After many struggles, the solution was to write a document describing the bike
(model, year, VIN etc), stated the conditions of purchase. I then tood the
document to a Commissioner of Oaths, who stamped it as a legally binding
statement. The licensing bureau accepted that document with no difficulty and
even smiled (a little).

Many municipal city halls offer the service. It really is often the only way
out of this sort of bind. I'm not sure if the office is called the same thing
in the US, but I'm fairly certain that it exists in the same form.

Best of luck!

Mark
1972 TR6