[TR] TR3 Turn Signal Flasher Failures

LT llst at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 17 23:37:19 MDT 2013

  /Bill in Tehachapi  wrote//
//
//About every 3 years my TR3A turn signal flasher starts malfunctioning. It
works fine and then one day it will work fine on the right turn signal and the
left turn signal will flash one time and stop. I have a buzzer hooked in with
the indicator light so I can hear it when the turn signal is on. Anyway, I am
on about my 5th or 6th turn signal flasher unit and wondering if anyone has an
idea what causes them to fail. A new flasher unit seems to fix it every time,
for awhile.
      I bought a new "heavy duty" flasher unit from NAPA that
looked similar, but the turn signal indicator doesn't work at all now,
although the turn signals themselves work. It probably takes too much
electricity to run or something.
      I have a new flasher on order from MOSS.
I order them two at a time now...
      TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi/

I have what I believe is the same problem (right hand side flashes once from what I recall). It's been a while since I purchased the car and removed the head looking for what might cause steam to be generated in the # 1 cylinder.

By the way, I had the opportunity to stay in a Tehachapi motel for a night in March. My wife and I just got under the covers and within 20 minutes, we thought a locomotive was coming through the parking lot. Went on all night every couple of hours. I will remember to drive by next time no matter how tired I am.

Larry in Vancouver.