[TR] 57 TR3 compression test results

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Mon Jun 17 21:41:08 MDT 2013

So for quite a while my 57 TR3 hasnbt run quite right.  It overheated and
had low oil pressure when I drove it from my old house to my new one; blew the
headgasket.  Well, I replaced the headgasked about a year back and it drives,
but I have a lot of fumes coming our the valve cover and it sounds like there
is a knock.  Today I got around to compression testing it and here are the
results:

1. (front) 70

2. 150

3. 160

4. 160

So I guess the next step is to drop the oil pan and take out that piston?

thanks,

Jeremiah