[TR] Tranny/Overdrive & Diff fluid

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 17 21:16:49 MDT 2013

> I realize that b  but timing is an issue.

Amazon will ship next day, for an extra fee.  But their price was low enough
(compared to local stores) that the overall cost might not be much higher.

My second choice if the MT-90 is not available would be Valvoline VR1 or NSL
20W50 racing motor oil.  Ken Gillanders ran a 5-year test in his ex-racing
TR2 and reported the gearbox "looked like new" when they tore it down.
Herman van den Akker also recommends it.  And I ran it in my A-type for a
lot of years.  Supposedly the high ZDDP content helps to protect the thrust
washers, and of course motor oil is what both Laycock and Standard-Triumph
recommended for many years.

-- Randall