[TR] light switch TR3B

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 15 21:24:36 MDT 2013

> when I got it the parking lights stayed on.  that's why there was a
> battery
> cut off switch!

Apologies if this was already covered or is just too obvious.  On the TR3
headlight switch, you have to push the knob in, then turn to the left, then
push again to turn off the taillights.  Usually the little Bakelite stop is
broken, so with enough force you can just jam the knob in; but it works
better if you turn it as Lucas intended.

The original switches (at least the early ones) can be partially
disassembled, but I doubt it will do any good.  I would start by making sure
there aren't any stray wire strands shorting out, and then replace the
switch.

-- Randall