[TR] problem gas?

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Jun 12 14:43:44 MDT 2013

Butanol looks promising but I think his statement is a bit over optimistic.
 The wiki article specifies a 14.6:a A/F ratio for gasoline and 11.1:1 for
Butanol.  The car will run but it will be a bit lean.

For alcohol fuels to be viable economically they will have to develop
techniques to use cellulosic materials rather than just corn syrup.  As a friend
of mine says, extracting hydrocarbons from cellulose is like trying to
extract cement back out of concrete.  It can be done but it takes a lot more
capital investment.

Dave (staying technical)