[TR] problem gas?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Wed Jun 12 11:29:47 MDT 2013

It's true that Alcohol (Ethanol) does not have the "energy density"
of gasoline, and if you have a fuel injected car you generally get
somewhat worse mileage out of 10% ethanol fuel than out of straight
gas.  Dragsters run a much richer mixture with alcohol (Methanol)
(and crazy compression ratios).  Top Fuel dragsters run 90%
nitromethane and there's enough oxygen in the nitro that they can run
mixtures rich enough that if combustion doesn't occur they'll
sometimes blow up because they hydro-lock.  THAT's some crazy stuff.

Tony Drews