[TR] TR3 Gear Shifter

Carl-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon Jun 10 05:54:58 MDT 2013

I followed the same route Bill did and mimicked the Moss catalog.  Seemed to
go in ok - with a little coaxing.
I ended up using a zip-tie to keep the plunger recessed.  Installed it,
clipped the zip and pulled it out.   It was nearly impossible to see if it
stayed in place - I'll just have to wait until I can actually shift the
tranny (no clutch fluid yet) to make sure.

Spent the rest of the day making sure all of the electric connections were
tight under the dash - found one that pulled apart without any effort.
Fixed that.  Put the harness behind all of the 'clips' and used a couple
zip-ties to keep everything up and out of the way.   BOY ARE THERE A LOT OF
WIRES BEHIND THERE.....

Didn't get to the tail and indicator lamps like I wanted.  Nothing seems to
take the amount of time allotted... about 1 1/2 - 2 - 3 times as much....
Maybe tonight after work.  Sure wish I could call in 'sick' but it is budget
season at the University and deadlines are looming.   I'm just glad I didn't
have to go into work this weekend.

I do need to install the driver's seat as I am taking it to the local LBC
mechanic to check it all - brakes, tune, align, etc. etc. on Tuesday.  I
want to make sure I didn't do something stupid along the way - like put the
engine in backwards..  :^)

I started taking this car apart on September 28 2001 for a four year project
- It looks like I'll be done by the twelfth anniversary...  (there is that
theme again -- 3 times as long and I would be willing to bet - 3 times as
much $.)

Carl
1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/
Still being restored - but 2013 looks like the year..
Tampa, FL