[TR] Non-LBC question

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Jun 9 14:51:56 MDT 2013

try cutting up a plastic cutting board.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Templeton
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 1:52 PM
To: mhooper at indiefilmnet.com ; 'Triumphs'
Subject: Re: [TR] Non-LBC question

Mark

Isn't there marine plywood, it is supposed to be non-rotting ( as much as
anything ), the stuff they used to use in Morgan's?  The other alternative
would be aluminum blocks.

David
------

I did promise no TR6 questions for a bit; so this one is a boat question.

I'm re-mounting a boat motor. It's a big old Ford 351 sitting on 4 aluminium
pads secured by 4" lag screws to the boat's motor bunks (frame members).
Problem; the fellow who rebuild the rotted out motor bunks for me replaced
them about 3/4" too low. I am looking to make spacers between the bunks and
the motor mounts. I'll make temporary pieces from wood, but would prefer
something non-rotting. The material must be quite stiff since the motor will
be pushing on the mounts (unlike most that push on the transom of the boat)
and I don't want it torquing the screws out of the boat.

I'd thought of that artificial wood for decks, but have no idea about it's
resistance to oil etc. Suggestions anybody?