[TR] Household TR 'Tools'

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Fri Jun 7 02:59:23 MDT 2013

In the late 70's I decided to wash my TR3 oil pan on the dish washer
while my wife was away. I put it in added ammonia to cut the crease and
went to watch TV. After a while I smelled ammonia and went back to the
kitchen. The danged ammonia had suds-ed up, overflowed the dish washer
and was covering about a 3rd of the floor. It was a hardwood floor and
after I mopped it up and it dried, I saw it had removed the wax finish.
Needless to say when the wife got home, there were some "dismay" and I
got that look that only and agitated wife can give you. So I ended up
having to refinish the floor, clean the grease scum out of the dishwasher.
AS an ending note, the oil pan looked good and so did the floor after I
put dawn paste wax and buffed it.  Never tried that technique again and
wrote off the dishwasher as a car parts washer.

Doug