[TR] Ethanol

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:08:29 MDT 2013

On 6/5/13 8:08 AM, John Macartney wrote:
> I'm simply
> curious to know what you guys think and may have discovered in the unavoidable
> use of ethanol in your tanks?
Cars: 1961 TR3 & 1960 Land Rover  Both had locally sourced rubber fuel
lines.

After the switchover to ethanol blend petrol both vehicle suffered from
the fuel lines disintegrating.  It took a months of running on the new
fuel before the fuel filters started clogging. By the time all was over
I had to replace the fuel lines on both vehicles from the tank to the
carbs, clean out carb fuel chambers,  clean the screens on the DCOE
inlets and the screens on the fuel pumps. Each car went through a couple
filters.  The old fuel lines looked perfect on the outside but were
dissolving on the inside.

Once I replaced all the pre-ethanol fuel lines with new formula fuel
lines everything has been OK and trouble free.

TeriAnn