[TR] TR6 bushing replacement

Mark Hooper mhooper at indiefilmnet.com
Mon Jun 3 23:43:30 MDT 2013

Well, threatening or not, I took the advice of the list and it came out well
enough.

I think I probably need a new lower arm on the spring table. It seems that
the hole in the end of the arm (the part that has 2 "top hats" inserted is
rather worn/rusty. I'm assuming it should be quite smooth inside. Instead
it's rusty and one of the top hats an be moved about 1/16". Also, can the
bolt passing through the trunnion (the horizontal one) be wiggled? Mine can
wiggle about 1/8". It can't really move laterally, but it seems to be a bit
opened at the sides and lets the bolt "wiggle". If it is supposed to be
perfectly held in place (other than sliding longitudinally) then I'm also on
the hook for a new lower trunnion.

If I bolt the hole lot together tightly then it probably won't shake around,
but it's not exactly wonderfully new. I guess all the years of shimmying
rims, worked on things a fair bit...

Mark

1972 TR6